After reading Katie’s blog post over at For Lauren and Lauren about her One Month Favorites, I thought I would blog about mine! I think it takes about a month to get into the swing of motherhood. After the initial shock of labor & delivery and then realizing this baby isn’t going away you learn fairly quickly what works and what doesn’t! So I hope my One Month Favorites will be helpful to you when you are pulling your hair out at 3 in the morning!
1. Klean Kanteen Water Bottle: A must for any of you nursing mamas!!! You get extremely thirsting while breastfeeding! I thought I drank a lot of water while pregnant, but while I was in the hospital I wanted water constantly and I wanted it ICE COLD! I suggest buying one with a pop top, easier when you can’t use both hands!
2. Boppy Pillow: While some people hate them, I love mine! It’s extremely helpful to prop up baby while breastfeeding, as well as to prop the baby upright and for you to lay on either while pregnant or after! My husband and I have started calling him Se·ñor Boppy (apparently he’s spanish, who knew?)
3. Aden + Anais Swaddle Wraps: Some babies don’t like being swaddled, but our little peanut loves it! These wraps are great for summer, since they are light weight, and they come in cute patterns! We love our baby burrito!
4. Gilligan & O’Malley Nursing Tanks: I’m not sure what women are suppose to wear if they breastfeed, but these nursing tanks are a MUST HAVE! Great for layering, comforty, & supportive and if you love wearing cardigans as much as I do, (no need to raise up your shirt)…easy access for baby!
5. Soothie: They suggest not giving babies a pacifier before the age of 4-6 weeks so they can establish good latching happens, but whoever “they” are, aren’t around at 3 in the morning while our baby is screaming…enough said.
6. Mei Tai Carrier: Great alternative if you don’t want to lug out the carseat and stroller or around the house! No snaps, or confusing straps, just tie & go…plus it’s easy for dads to use too!
7. Newborn Rock n’ Play Sleeper: We’ve only been using this for a few days now, but it’s a godsend! She was a little small for it at first, but she feels so snug and secure in it now that she falls right to sleep. Plus she loves being rocked to sleep, so it has been nice to be able to rock her to sleep while still laying in bed! It has also been nice to have our bed back!